Our students have entered
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Yishun Junior College
Victoria Junior College
6 powerful O Level success stories
– From 5Ds to 5As for her O Level retake. [Read]
– His journey from NA Level to O Level (2As and 3Bs) to enter Singapore Polytechnic. [Read]
– He could not qualify for polytechnic with his Higher Nitec score. With INSPIRE he scored 20 points to enter polytechnic. [Read]
– From school drop out to achieving A1 and entering polytechnic. [Read]
– From NT stream to getting 3As and 1B. [Read]
– He struggled to pass O Levels for two years and finally did so at INSPIRE. Now he is a degree holder. [Read]
Our satisfied students & parents
"Thank you for the guidance in strengthening my O Level foundations
and for helping me choose my subject combination."
(entered Victoria Junior College)
"I am one step closer to fulfilling my dream."
Before: 26 After: 19
(entered Temasek Polytechnic)
"I couldn’t go to polytechnic but now I can."
Before: 25 After: 17
(entered Temasek Polytechnic)
"Thanks to INSPIRE, my grades improved tremendously. I am
elated to enter my dream course in polytechnic!"
Before: 19 After: 13
(entered Ngee Ann Polytechnic)
"I am really grateful for all the help and encouragement to achieve my best grades so that I can get into my choice of course for polytechnic."
Top scorer for 2018 cohort
2As and 3Bs
Top scorer for 2012 cohort
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s O Level course
6 reasons why INSPIRE is the best choice for O Level private candidates
14 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Progress reports & awards for good progress
Structured curriculum & lessons throughout the year
(no March/June holidays)
Award of $2,000
for achieving 5 A1s
How are classes conducted
Tests and examinations are held in
O Level exam
How INSPIRE’s programme compares
with other O Level private schools
|INSPIRE||Other private schools|
|Term Breaks||No term break||Mar / Jun / Sep Holidays|
|Assessments||Min. of 3 topical tests & final prelim||Twice – mid-year & final prelim|
|Meet the parents session||Yes||Yes|
|Fee Payments||9 instalments||2 instalments or 1 lump sum payment|
|Monthly rewards for motivation (e.g. good progress reward and punctuality award etc)||Yes||No|
|Council for Private Education (CPE) Registered||Yes||Yes|
|NS deferment (if eligible)*||Yes||Yes|
|Transitlink Concession Card*||Yes||Yes|
- Who can enroll for the course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must
- Have completed 8 years of formal education or middle school / lower secondary education.
- Be at least 15 years old on Jan 1st of the year of examination.
- Have a pass in Lower Secondary English (in student’s respective school) or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or pass INSPIRE’s internal English entry test.
Additional Mathematics (AMath)
Social Studies (SS) + History Elective (Hist)
Social Studies (SS) + Geography Elective (Geog)
Literature in English (Lit)
Business Studies (BS)*
Principles of Accounts (POA)
^ Other subjects (e.g. Mother Tongue, Science (Theory / Practical) may be registered for the examination.
* Subject to availability
# MOE exam registration will be handled by the centre for students.
Subject materials will be given as per topic taught.
- 10 Jan 2022 to 9 Nov 2022.
- Ongoing intake till 10 Mar 2022. Late entry fees apply from 10 Feb 2022 and admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 10 months = 600h
- Contact hours -11.5h per week x 10 months = 460 h
- Duration – 2h x 3 days x 10 months =240h
- Contact hours – 5.5h per week x 10 months = 220h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:9 to 18
- Face-to-face and online classes
- English and Mathematics Placement Tests (first day), various topical tests and prelim exams in September
- The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination in October – November.
Expected Examination Results Release Date
- Results are released usually in January the following year of the examination.
- Students have to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination in order to complete the O level course.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of subjects I need to take?
To be eligible for the course, the minimum is 3 subjects.
What is the cost of the course?
It depends on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects due to discounts accorded by the Centre. Please download the prospectus for the course fees.
Why is there a variance in cost depending on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects?
Discounts are accorded by the Centre’s directors for selected subjects taught by them.
Are there other subjects that I can take with Inspire?
Please email us at email@example.com for the availability of other subjects not listed on this website.
Make the Right Choice
Ayesha improved by leaps and bounds. She put in a lot of hard work, but this was certainly not possible without the support and instruction from the teachers. We thank you all for your love and guidance.
– Parent of Ayesha (who scored 5As)
I would like to thank you and Aaron’s teachers for your dedication to assisting Aaron for the full year of 2012. Aaron has certainly tried hard and with the support of his teachers, I am pleased that he has achieved 3Bs and a C. Thank you once again.
– Parent of Aaron