Source: Inspire Education Centre 2023 Post-Course Evaluation – O Level
Our students have entered
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Victoria Junior College
Powerful O Level success stories
– From 5Ds to 5As after retaking O Levels with INSPIRE! She successfully applied to Junior College. [Read]
– He failed English and was hesitant at spending another year to re-do his O Levels. At INSPIRE, he improved his L1R4 from 21 points to 17 points. [Read]
– His journey from NA Level to O Level (2As and 3Bs). [Read]
– He fell short of the admission requirements for Polytechnic with his Higher Nitec score. With INSPIRE he scored 20 points to qualify. [Read]
Our satisfied students
Before: 4Ds and 1C
"Thank you for the guidance in strengthening my O Level foundations and for helping me choose my subject combination."
(2019 alumna, entered Victoria Junior College)
"Enthusiastic tutors who are passionate in their teaching and guidance."
2As and 3Bs
"I am really grateful for all the help and encouragement to achieve my best grades so that I can get into my choice of course for polytechnic."
Before: 19 After: 13 (L1R4)
"Thanks to INSPIRE, my grades improved tremendously. I am elated to enter my dream course in polytechnic!"
Before: 21 After: 17 (L1R4)
(2022 alumnus, entered Common ICT Programme at Temasek Polytechnic)
"I am one step closer to fulfilling my dream."
17 points (L1R4)
"I couldn’t go to polytechnic but now I can."
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s O Level course
6 reasons why INSPIRE is the best choice for O Level private candidates
16 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Progress reports & motivational awards *
* Terms and conditions apply
Structured curriculum & lessons throughout the year
(no March/June holidays)
Award of $2,000
for achieving 5 A1s *
* Terms & conditions apply
How are classes conducted
Tests and examinations are held in
O Level exam
How INSPIRE’s programme compares
with other O Level private schools
|INSPIRE||Other private schools|
|Term Breaks||No term break||Mar / Jun / Sep Holidays|
|Assessments||Twice – mid-year & final prelim||Twice – mid-year & final prelim|
|Progress reports||2 – (minimum of 4 subjects taken in Student-PEI contract)||2|
|Fee Payments||9 instalments||2 instalments or 1 lump sum payment|
|Monthly motivational awards (e.g. good progress reward and punctuality award, etc.)||Yes||No|
|Council for Private Education (CPE) Registered||Yes||Yes|
|NS deferment (if eligible)*||Yes||Yes|
|Transitlink Concession Card*||Yes||Yes|
|* Terms and conditions apply|
- Who can enroll for the course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must
- Have completed 8 years of formal education or middle school / lower secondary education.
- Be at least 15 years old on Jan 1st of the year of examination.
- Have a pass in Lower Secondary English (in student’s respective school) or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or pass INSPIRE’s internal English entry test.
Additional Mathematics (AMath)
Social Studies (SS) + History Elective (Hist)
Social Studies (SS) + Geography Elective (Geog)
Literature in English (Lit)
Business Studies (BS)*
Principles of Accounts (POA)
^ Other subjects (e.g. Mother Tongue, Science (Theory / Practical) may be registered for the examination.
* Subject to availability
# MOE exam registration will be handled by the centre for students.
Subject materials will be given as per topic taught.
- 8 Jan 2024 to 7 Nov 2024.
- Ongoing intake till 7 May 2024. Late entry fees apply from 8 Feb 2024 and admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 10 months = 600h
- Contact hours -11.5h per week x 10 months = 460 h
- Duration – 2h x 3 days x 10 months =240h
- Contact hours – 5.5h per week x 10 months = 220h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:9 to 18
- Face-to-face and online classes
- English and Mathematics placement tests upon course sign-up, followed by mid-year tests and prelim exams in September.
- Progress reports and good progress awards will only be given to students who take a minimum of 4 subjects under their Student-PEI contract.
- The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination in October – November.
Expected Examination Results Release Date
- Results are released usually in January the following year of the examination.
- Students have to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination in order to complete the O level course.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of subjects I need to take?
To be eligible for the course, the minimum is 3 subjects.
What is the cost of the course?
It depends on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects due to discounts accorded by the Centre. Please download the prospectus for the course fees.
What is the timetable like?
O Level classes are typically 9am – 12pm and 1pm-3pm on weekdays (Mon to Fri). Students only need to come down to the Centre for their respective subjects.
Are classes physical or online?
All classes are conducted physically. However, each subject tutor might choose to conduct online classes occasionally.
Why is there a variance in cost depending on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects?
Discounts are accorded by the Centre’s directors for selected subjects taught by them.
Are there other subjects that I can take with Inspire?
Please email us at email@example.com for the availability of other subjects not listed on this website.
Make the Right Choice
We would like to say thank you to all the teachers and staff of Inspire Education. Ernst has shown great improvement and we are really proud of him. Now he has better options for joining a course that he likes in polytechnic. We really appreciate all your time and patience in guiding him. Once again a big thank you!
– Guardian of Ernst
Ayesha improved by leaps and bounds. She put in a lot of hard work, but this was certainly not possible without the support and instruction from the teachers. We thank you all for your love and guidance.
– Parent of Ayesha (who scored 5As)
I would like to thank you and Aaron’s teachers for your dedication to assisting Aaron for the full year of 2012. Aaron has certainly tried hard and with the support of his teachers, I am pleased that he has achieved 3Bs and a C. Thank you once again.
– Parent of Aaron