Source: Inspire Education Centre 2023 Post-Course Evaluation – A Level
Our students have entered …
National University of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Singapore University of Social Sciences
University at Buffalo
Powerful A Level success stories
– Science subjects didn’t work out for him. Switching to A Level History and Business got him into a local university. [Read]
– He was not satisfied with his A Level grades in JC. At Inspire, he scored straight As for all subjects. [Read]
– Home schooler achieved 1A and 2Bs at his first A Level attempt! [Read]
– She studied overseas and was unsure if she could cope with the curriculum in Singapore. At Inspire, she passed all her subjects on her first attempt at A Levels. [Read]
– His polytechnic diploma’s GPA was insufficient to qualify for a local university. But taking A Levels at INSPIRE helped him to enter a Business course. [Read]
– He rediscovered his aptitude and passion for English and got accepted into a Linguistics course at a local university. [Read]
– Unfamiliar with A Levels, she struggled as a private candidate. She persevered and managed to enter university after passing her A Levels on her second try. [Read]
Our satisfied students
5As after retaking A Levels at Inspire
“The guidance from my tutors really motivated me to keep on fighting for my dream. I was able to take on the A Level exams once again and perform much better than my first attempt."
(2021 alumnus, entered Medicine course at NTU)
"INSPIRE’s tutors gave us the most important skills and critical knowledge required to score well. Their insight into the expectations required from examiners proved invaluable to a first-timer such as myself."
(2021 alumnus, entered Linguistics and Multilingual Studies course at NTU)
“My teachers at INSPIRE taught me to have more confidence in myself, they were patient and understanding.”
(2021 alumna, entered History course at NTU)
“Impossible is spelt ‘I M Possible’. If I can do it, so can you.”
(2020 alumnus, entered Humanities and Science course at NUS)
1A and 2Bs in 10 months
“I am very happy with my results and I really owe it to the teachers here. They are very experienced and targeted in their approach, and very patient."
2As and 1B in 10 Months
"I would like to express my thanks towards INSPIRE for helping me achieve such stellar grades despite my time constraints."
(2018 alumnus, entered Business degree course at NTU)
"Inspire helped me to study smarter and achieve grades that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise."
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s A Level course
6 reasons why INSPIRE is the best choice for A Level private candidates
16 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Progress reports & motivational awards *
* Terms and conditions apply
Structured curriculum & lessons throughout the year
(no March/June holidays)
Award of $2,000
for achieving 4 As *
* Terms & Conditions apply
How are classes conducted
Weekday afternoon to evening classes
(3pm – 5pm, 7pm – 9pm)
Weekend morning to afternoon classes
No school uniform required
Textbooks and notes provided, homework, mid-year test and prelim exam
Hybrid physical and online classes
How INSPIRE’s programme compares
with other private schools
|INSPIRE||Other private schools|
|Term Breaks||No term break||Mar / Jun / Sep Holidays|
|Assessments||Twice – mid-year & final prelim||Twice – mid-year & final prelim|
|Progress reports||2 – (minimum of 4 subjects taken in Student-PEI contract)||2|
|Fee Payments||10 instalments||2 instalments or 1 lump sum payment|
|Monthly motivational awards (e.g. good progress reward and punctuality award, etc.)||Yes||No|
|Council for Private Education (CPE) Registered||Yes||Yes|
|NS deferment (if eligible)*||Yes||Yes|
|Transitlink Concession Card*||Yes||Yes|
|* Terms and conditions apply|
- Who can enroll for the course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must
- Have completed 10 years of formal education or high school / secondary education.
- Be at least 17 years old on January 1st of the year of examination.
- English language requirement of: Minimum C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level English, or 5.5 scores in IELTS or equivalent, or pass INSPIRE’s English Test.
- H1 General Paper (COMPULSORY SUBJECT)
- H1/H2 Mathematics (Math)
- H2 Economics (Econs)
- H2 Management of Business (MoB)*
- H2 Principles of Accounting (PoA)
- H2 Literature in English (Lit)
- H2 English Language & Linguistics (ELL)^
- H1 / H2 History (Hist)
Other subjects (e.g. Mother Tongue, Geography, Science (Theory / Practical) may be registered for the examination.
*H2 MOB must be taken together with H2 Econs.
^H2 ELL is subject to availability
# MOE exam registration will be handled by the centre for students.
Subject materials will be given as per topic taught.
Subject entry pre-requisites:
- Mathematics: H1 level – Minimum D for GCE ‘O’ Level Mathematics OR equivalent / H2 level – Minimum B for GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics OR equivalent
- H2 Literature in English: Minimum C in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or pass in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H2 English Language & Linguistics: A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H1 / H2 History: Minimum B in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or B in GCE ‘O’ Level History/Elective History.
- H2 Management of Business – Must be taken with H2 Economics.
- 8 Jan 2024 to 7 Nov 2024.
- Ongoing intake till 7 May 2024. Late entry fees apply from 8 Feb 2024 and admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 10 months = 600h
- Contact hours – 9.5h per week x 10 months = 380h
- Duration – 2h x 3 days x 10 months = 240h
- Contact hours – 3.5h per week x 10 months = 140h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:9 to 18
- Face-to-face and online classes
- Mid-year tests and prelim exams in September.
- Progress reports and good progress awards will only be given to students who take a minimum of 4 subjects under their Student-PEI contract.
- The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in November – December.
Expected Examination Results Release Date
- Results are released usually in late February the following year of the examination.
- Students have to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in order to complete the A level course.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of subjects I need to take?
To be eligible for the course, the minimum is 3 subjects.
What is the cost of the course?
It depends on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects due to discounts accorded by the Centre. Please download the prospectus for the course fees.
What is the timetable like?
A Level classes are typically 3pm-5pm and 7pm-9pm on weekdays (Mon to Fri), and weekend mornings or afternoons. Students only need to come down to the Centre for their respective subjects.
Are classes physical or online?
Classes are conducted physically and/or online.
Why is there a variance in cost depending on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects?
Discounts are accorded by the Centre’s directors for selected subjects taught by them.
Are there other subjects that I can take with INSPIRE?
Please email us at email@example.com for the availability of other subjects not listed on this website.