Our students have entered …
National University of Singapore
Singapore Management University
Nanyang Technological University Singapore
University of London
University of Tasmania
University of Buffalo
… and other universities
Four Powerful Case Studies
– He failed JC promotion but achieved his A levels within 1 year. [Read]
– He dropped out from Polytechnic but got into University. [Read]
– She retook A levels twice but still failed to pass a key subject. She got into her choice undergrad course in 1 year. [Read]
– She dropped out of a top JC, was depressed but that didn’t stop her from getting into University. [Read]
Our satisfied students & parents
From this short period of time, I have learned a lot and the center has helped me build up the knowledge I needed for my A levels.
“Mr. Ho is honestly a wonderful teacher. He has gone beyond the call of duty and his guidance have brought me far. He is very patient and understanding. He never gave up on me and always have faith in my ability to succeed. Any student learning under him is definitely blessed. Thank you, Mr. Ho!”
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s A-level course
6 reasons why Inspire is the best choice for A-level private candidate studies
12 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Progress reports & awards for good progress
Structured curriculum & lessons throughout the year
(no March/June holidays)
Award of $2,000
for achieving 4 As
How are classes conducted
- Who can enroll for the course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must
- Have completed 10 years of formal education or high school / secondary education.
- Be at least 17 years old on Jan 1st of the year of examination.
- English language requirement of minimum C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level English or 5.5 scores in IELTS or equivalent or equivalent or pass INSPIRE’s English Test
- H1 General Paper (COMPULSORY SUBJECT)
- H1/H2 Mathematics (Math)
- H2 Economics (Econ)
- H2 Management of Business (MOB)*
- H2 Principles of Accounting (POA)
- H2 Literature in English (Lit)
- H2 English Language & Linguistics (ELL)^
- H1 / H2 History (Hist)
Other subjects (e.g. Mother Tongue, Geography, Science (Theory / Practical) may be registered for the examination.
*H2 MOB must be taken together with H2 Econ.
^H2 ELL is subject to availability
# MOE exam registration will be handled by the centre for students.
Subject materials will be given as per topic taught.
Subject entry pre-requisites:
- Mathematics: H1 level – Minimum D for GCE ‘O’ Level Mathematics OR equivalent / H2 level – Minimum B for GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics OR equivalent
- H2 Literature in English: Minimum C in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or pass in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H2 English Language & Linguistics: A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H1 / H2 History: Minimum B in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or B in GCE ‘O’ Level History/Elective History.
- H2 Management of Business – Must be taken with H2 Economics
- Jan 11 to Nov 10, 2021.
- Ongoing intake till 11 Mar 2021. Late entry fees apply from 11 Feb 2021 and admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 10 months = 600h
- Contact hours -9.5h per week x 10 months = 380h
- Duration – 2h x 3 days x 10 months = 240h
- Contact hours – 3.5h per week x 10 months = 140h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:9 to 18
- Face-to-face and online classes
- Mid-year test and prelim exams in September.
- The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in November – December.
Expected Examination Results Release Date
- Results are released usually in late February the following year of the examination.
- Students have to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in order to complete the A level course.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of subjects I need to take?
To be eligible for the course, the minimum is 3 subjects.
What is the cost of the course?
It depends on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects due to discounts accorded by the Centre. Please download the prospectus for the course fees.
Why is there a variance in cost depending on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects?
Discounts are accorded by the Centre’s directors for selected subjects taught by them.
Are there other subjects that I can take with Inspire?
For subject not listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm to check if there are any alternative subjects available.