Our students have entered …
National University of Singapore
Singapore Management University
Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Singapore University of Social Sciences
… and other universities
7 powerful A Level success stories
– Science subjects didn’t work out for him. Switching to A Level History and Business got him into a local university. [Read]
– He was not satisfied with his A Level grades in JC. At Inspire, he scored straight As for all subjects. [Read]
– Home schooler achieved 1A and 2Bs at his first A Level attempt! He was offered a choice of Economics or Engineering at two local universities. [Read]
– She studied overseas and was unsure if she could cope with the curriculum in Singapore. At Inspire, she passed all her subjects on her first attempt at A Levels. [Read]
– His polytechnic diploma’s GPA was insufficient to qualify for a local university. But taking A Levels at INSPIRE helped him to enter a Business course. [Read]
– He rediscovered his aptitude and passion for English and got accepted into a Linguistics course at a local university. [Read]
– She dropped out of a top JC, was depressed but that didn’t stop her from getting into university. [Read]
Our satisfied students & parents
5As after retaking A Levels at Inspire
“The guidance from my tutors really motivated me to keep on fighting for my dream. I was able to take on the A Level exams once again and perform much better than my first attempt"
(Entered Nanyang Technological University — Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine)
“Impossible is spelt ‘I M Possible’. If I can do it, so can you.”
(entered an Arts and Social Sciences course at NUS after taking his third attempt at A Levels with INSPIRE)
1A and 2Bs in 10 months
“I am very happy with my results and I really owe it to the teachers here. They are very experienced and targeted in their approach, and very patient."
(offered a choice of Economics and Engineering courses at two local universities)
"Just wanted to say thank you to your team for helping Jonathan achieve such results… considering that he spent only 10-11 months, you all must have done a splendid job!"
– Parent of Jonathan (entered National University of Singapore)
2As and 1B in 10 Months
"I would like to express my thanks towards INSPIRE for helping me achieve such stellar grades despite my time constraints."
(entered a Business degree course at a local university)
"From this short period of time, I have learned a lot and the centre has helped me build up the knowledge I needed for my A Levels."
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s A Level course
6 reasons why INSPIRE is the best choice for A Level private candidates
15 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Progress reports & awards for good progress
Structured curriculum & lessons throughout the year
(no March/June holidays)
Award of $2,000
for achieving 4 As *
* Terms & Conditions apply
How are classes conducted
Weekday afternoon to evening classes
(3pm – 5pm, 7pm – 9pm)
Weekend morning to afternoon classes
No school uniform required
Textbooks and notes provided, homework and topical tests
Hybrid physical and online classes
- Who can enroll for the course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must
- Have completed 10 years of formal education or high school / secondary education.
- Be at least 17 years old on Jan 1st of the year of examination.
- English language requirement of minimum C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level English or 5.5 scores in IELTS or equivalent or equivalent or pass INSPIRE’s English Test
- H1 General Paper (COMPULSORY SUBJECT)
- H1/H2 Mathematics (Math)
- H2 Economics (Econ)
- H2 Management of Business (MOB)* ^
- H2 Principles of Accounting (POA)
- H2 Literature in English (Lit)
- H2 English Language & Linguistics (ELL)^
- H1 / H2 History (Hist)
Other subjects (e.g. Mother Tongue, Geography, Science (Theory / Practical) may be registered for the examination.
*H2 MOB must be taken together with H2 Econ.
^H2 MOB and H2 ELL are subject to availability.
# MOE exam registration will be handled by the centre for students.
Subject materials will be given as per topic taught.
Subject entry pre-requisites:
- Mathematics: H1 level – Minimum D for GCE ‘O’ Level Mathematics OR equivalent / H2 level – Minimum B for GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics OR equivalent
- H2 Literature in English: Minimum C in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or pass in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H2 English Language & Linguistics: A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or A grade in GCE ‘O’ Level Literature OR equivalent.
- H1 / H2 History: Minimum B in GCE ‘O’ Level English and/or B in GCE ‘O’ Level History/Elective History.
- H2 Management of Business – Must be taken with H2 Economics
- 9 Jan 2023 to 8 Nov 2023.
- Ongoing intake till 8 Mar 2023. Late entry fees apply from 9 Feb 2023 and admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 10 months = 600h
- Contact hours – 9.5h per week x 10 months = 380h
- Duration – 2h x 3 days x 10 months = 240h
- Contact hours – 3.5h per week x 10 months = 140h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:9 to 18
- Face-to-face and online classes
- Mid-year test and prelim exams in September.
- The Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in November – December.
Expected Examination Results Release Date
- Results are released usually in late February the following year of the examination.
- Students have to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in order to complete the A level course.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of subjects I need to take?
To be eligible for the course, the minimum is 3 subjects.
What is the cost of the course?
It depends on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects due to discounts accorded by the Centre. Please download the prospectus for the course fees.
What is the timetable like?
A Level classes are typically 3pm-5pm and 7pm-9pm on weekdays (Mon to Fri), and weekend mornings or afternoons. Students only need to come down to the Centre for their respective subjects.
Are classes physical or online?
Classes are conducted physically and/or online.
Why is there a variance in cost depending on the subjects taken as well as number of subjects?
Discounts are accorded by the Centre’s directors for selected subjects taught by them.
Are there other subjects that I can take with INSPIRE?
Please email us at email@example.com for the availability of other subjects not listed on this website.