Preparatory Course For Admission to Government SchoolsSuccessfully Enter Singapore Government School Through the AEIS (Admissions Exercise for International Students) Exam Download Prospectus & Fees
Our students have entered
Bedok North Secondary School
Bedok Town Secondary School
Bowen Secondary School
Changkat Changi Secondary School
East View Secondary School
Fajar Secondary School
Greenview Secondary School
Ping Yi Secondary School
Punggol Secondary School
Serangoon Secondary School
Springfield Secondary School
Tanjong Katong Secondary School
Yio Chu Kang Secondary School
Our Satisfied Students & parents
“I would like to thank Inspire Education Centre for helping my son Aldwin Jasper pass the AEIS exam”
Parent of Aldwin Jasper (entered Punggol Secondary School)
“Caring teachers; a warm family-like environment;
Takes good care of students”
Our dedicated teachers who truly care
INSPIRE’s AEIS course
5 reasons why Inspire is the right choice for helping your child
pass the AEIS exam
15 years experience of nurturing students since 2007
Dedicated teachers who truly care
Small conducive class size
Mock exams simulating actual AEIS format exam
Proven and effective intensive short courses
- Who can enroll for the Course
- What subjects are offered
- Course duration
- Examination, assessment and results
Students enrolling must meet the following requirements:
- Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools (Secondary 1)
Age: 12 to 14+
Academic Level: Primary 6
English language requirement: A pass in Primary 6 English (in student’s respective school in his home country) or equivalent.
- Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools (Secondary 2)
Age: 13 to 15+
Academic Level: Secondary 1
English language requirement: A pass in Secondary 1 English (in student’s respective school in his home country) or equivalent.
- Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools (Secondary 3)
Age: 14 to 16+
Academic Level: Secondary 2
English language requirement: A pass in Secondary 2 English (in student’s respective school in his home country) or equivalent.
- Weekdays (daily from Mondays to Fridays) from 1pm – 4pm.
- Course intake for AEIS exam preparation (19 Mar 2020 – 18 Sep 2020)
- Course intake for Supplementary AEIS exam preparation (Tentative 13 Aug 2020 – 12 Feb 2021)
- Duration – 3h x 5 days x 6 months = 360h
- Contact hours – 3h x 5 days x 6 months = 360h
- Average teacher to student ratio 1:4 to 9
- Face-to-face and online classes
English and Mathematics Placement Tests (first day) and written tests and mock exams at the end of the course.
AEIS centralised tests will be held yearly in September and Supplementary AEIS in February. The actual dates will be announced by the Ministry of Education at www.moe.gov.sg.
Expected examination results release date:
AEIS test results are released usually in December and Supplementary AEIS test results in April in the same year of the examination.
- Does a non-Singaporean student need to take AEIS?
Case 1: One of the student’s parents is a Singaporean married to a foreigner.
Answer: E.g. a Singaporean man is married to a Vietnamese and the step child is born in Vietnam.
The Singaporean parent can apply directly to a few government schools in Singapore because sometimes there is a waiting list. However, the child needs to take Entry tests in the respective school.
If the child is going for Primary 1 or 2, there are English and Mathematics Entry tests. If the child is going for Primary 3 to 5, there are entry tests in English, Mathematics and Science. If the student is going to secondary school, there are entry tests for Secondary English and Mathematics.
Admission Level in school depends on the results of the child.
- If the child performs well and above average for the tests, he/she will be posted to the corresponding level of with respect to the age. E.g. a non-Singaporean student (an ex-student who took our Preparatory AEIS Course for a year) 7 years old took the English and Mathematics tests in January and got into Primary 2 in February.
- If the child performs average for the tests, he/she will be posted to one level lower, e.g. a 11 or 12 years old will be posted to Primary 4.
- If the student performs well and above average for the tests, he/she will be posted to the Express course (4 years).
- If the student performs average or poorly for the tests, he/she will be posted to the Normal Academic (NA) course (4-5 years) or Normal Technical (NT)course (5 years).
Case 2: Both parents of the child are PR’s.
Answer: The parents can apply directly to a few government schools for direct entry, but again, the child needs to take the entry tests, same as Case 1.
Case 3: Both or one parent/s of the child is/are working in Singapore but are on WP/SP/EP passes.
Answer: The child is required to take the AEIS test.
- Does a returning Singaporean student who has lived abroad for a few years need to take the AEIS test?
Answer: Yes. The returning Singaporean student will take an English and Mathematics test called SPERs and this test is identical to the AEIS. However, Singaporean students will be given first priority when posting to the primary or secondary schools. There is a chance of getting into the better schools or top schools if the student aces the test. But if the student performs only average scores, he/she can be posted e.g. to the Normal Academic (NA) course.
- When can I start?
Answer: You can start anytime. There is no start date for this AEIS preparatory course. However, we advise a minimum of 3 months to complete the lessons.
- What are the days and time for your classes?
Answer: Our lessons are from Monday to Friday, 5 days a week.
The hours are from 1pm to 4pm.
- How many students are there in the class?
Answer: Classes have an average of 4-8 students.
- What are your fees payable for the preparatory course for AEIS / SPERS?
Answer: Each lesson (3 hours) costs $135.00 and the fees are to be paid on a monthly basis at the start of the month. The total fees will depend on how many days there are in a month. On average, it will cost about S$2,700.00 a month. In addition, there is a material fee of $250.00 (for a 6-month course) which covers the cost of notes, textbooks, assessment books, and a Mock AEIS Mathematics and English Test (administered close to the actual exam dates). There will also be an Evaluation Test on the first day of class. This is for us to assess the child’s proficiency in exam skills, identify their weaknesses, and to customize the curriculum for the child.
- What is your success rate for AEIS?
Answer: This depends on the ability of the student and the residential area of the school selected when signing up for the AEIS examination. The first cohort of students achieved 100% passes.
Find out more